What Does ACME Mean?-app2007.com-澳门大阳城77139
We get this question a lot, here at ACME Labs.
- The dictionary definition is: "the ", or "the highest point",
or just "perfection".
This is straight from Greek.
(Greek mythology also includes a
nymph named Acme.)
- Apparently some early business school textbooks liked to use Acme
as a business name in some of their examples.
- There's a story that the business school use is an acronym, standing
for "A Company Manufacturing Everything".
This is probably false etymology.
- Sears-Roebuck used Acme as one of their in-house
brand names in the early 1900s, just like they use "Craftsman" today.
For instance, take a look at this
ad for an Acme anvil
from the 1902 Sears catalog.
- Warner Brothers apparently took the name from Sears and used it
for the mail-order company in the
Wile E. Coyote
Other pages of interest to the student of ACME:
Back to ACME Labs.